Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day Number 1

Diet! I cringe at the word but millions of Americans have delt with the nightmare of losing weight. I've tried every diet out there and nothing has worked. As of April 10, 2010 I weigh 363.2 lbs. My goal weight is 160 lbs so I have officially have 203.2 lbs to lose. I want to give up just even typing those words but with my declining at 30 years old, it's got to stop and now! My first step was to admit that I had a serious problem. Being in denial is something that I've dealt with for years. I would avoid looking at myself in pictures just so that I couldn't see how big I was getting. I would buy bigger clothes and not blink an eye because in my own mind, I wasn't that "big." I then started to feel the extra weight as I lived day to day. My normal trips to Walmart became a challenge because I didn't have the enegery to walk from one side of the store to another and when I did, my back, legs, and hips ached from carrying so much weight. The first step toward my goal came today, April 10th when I started Water Works at the Rush! I was scared out of my mind walking into a gym wearing a bathing suit. The class started at 10 am and to my suprise, I was able to keep up with the instructor for the full 50 minutes and for the first time in my life, I thought to myself ~ I CAN LOSE WEIGHT! I've been doing some research on a various recipes to follow a 2000 calorie diet. This is something I've wanted for a long time and I would love if you would make the decision to follow me in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment